Sunday 8 September 2013

Similar Artists to My First Music Video Idea

Similar Artists


I imagine my artist to be quite similar in some ways to "Taylor Momsen", lead singer of Pretty Reckless. I envision my artist to have a raw sexual magnetism and an element of rebellion fitting with Dyer's theory that the artist is present but at the same time absent. The audience should feel connected to the artist through her music and her star image but at the same time like they cannot actually reach the real person underneath and will never know the true star. She should have an anti-authoritarian and should be youthful with an element of of originality and talent that separates her from the other stars. She should stand up for what she believes in and her aggression should be visible in her songs. Her songs could have an element of consumption of sex, drugs and material goods to go with her rebellious side.
She should apply to Richard Dyer's theory of being ordinary and extraordinary at the same time, seen out in public as ordinary and a regular girl but seen when singing and on stage as extraordinary and a sort of goddess. The band Pretty Reckless has a wide marketing campaign including on social networking sites, for example Facebook and Twitter and a channel on YouTube. They also have various unofficial sites created by fans.
I imagine my artist to have a style that defines her, and at the same time contributes to her star image, for example some leather shorts and  an oversized checkered shirt with some boots, plenty of eye make up and jewellery. This gives her an animal magnetism and also sticks to her genre of music.



















I imagine my artist to have a similar hair colour and wacky style as Florence from Florence and the Machine as it is a similar type of music.




I think my artists style of music is similar to Florence and the Machines with the same alternative sound and breathy voice. 








No comments:

Post a Comment