Tuesday 14 January 2014

Evaluation Task 1 - In what ways do my media products use, develop or challenge the form and conventions of real media products?

 
 
Conclusion
 
 
Conventions are the generally accepted way of doing something, they can be used, supported or reiterated. They can be challenged to deliberately broke to subvert conventions. In evaluation of the question set I feel that I have drawn on the conventions of media products in my own campaign. This use of the conventions is evident in the constructions of my own products and campaign. In terms of subverting or conforming conventions I feel that I sought to both challenge and accept common conventions found in all aspects of my campaign. I feel that I achieved this, meaning that my product has been differentiated in a competitive music industry market. I attempted to challenge audience expectations, bringing something new to my target audience. Media conventions are ultimately relied upon for communicating the right message to the intended audience, but also deviate from these expectations helps sell the star image that I wanted to promote. Audiences produce meaning from the interaction of the conventional material in a text, and their understanding of conventions. Forms and conventions are an essential part of appealing to a target audience and producing a star image as they either surprise the audience and drag them in, or conform to their expectations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment